Wednesday, October 19, 2005

am I doin the right thing??

Found myself asking this question countless times....this morning my mom and I had a talk about the course I am going to study....nursing....my parents had some doubts about it...mainly on whether am I suitable for this career or not....

Up till now I still manage to surprise everyone with this choice....the first reaction is naturally the same..... haaaaa!why you choose this course ?Your result very bad meh?There are many other course for you to choose from,why choose this one?..... well, first thing first..I'm happy with my A-level result and is nursing that bad?everyone sounded as if I told them that I'm doing something insane.......

I know it's an uncommon decision I had made and for those who know me wouldn't even imagine me being a nurse....cos I'm can be consider an impatient girl with lousy temper and the clumsiness is my famous trait....
Most of you may thing that being a nurse may mean doing dirty jobs like cleaning after the patients....but I think this perception should change cos being a nurse means taking care of the very sick and ensuring that they can recover rapidly....it is nearly as noble as a doctor's job.

Since I know my grades won't allow me to be a doctor,nursing is the next best job in saving people lives...

as usual my dad starts worying about whether I'm suitable for the job (when I'm not even starting the term yet),the job hazards that i'm goin to face especially with the avian flu (predictably)on the rise.I know my dad just doesn't want me to do jobs like cleaning the wounds and stuff...and with my personality I may end up killing a person in the process..haha....
even though I'm sure that I'm going to study this course... but am I doing the right thing?can I stand it ?

well....I think only time has the answer to my questions..

1 comment:

JasonC said...

hahaha... time will lead u ... well .. i shoudl say that with proper percaution and protocol... a nurse and doctor are usually the last one to get infected by disease as they know the danger of it and the way to prevent it...