Monday, August 27, 2007

Placement soon.

Last week of class has passed and now I am just waiting for my placement.
I am going to a place call berwick this time, will be in a hospital setting ...
I hope I get to learn a lot this time too...

Last placement was good.
At first i thought it will be boring as I have already done a similiar placement before...
But apparently I am so wrong...
It was a nursing home located in Caulfield...
the first day was crap because i have to get up like 5 am in a winter morning...
so it wasn't a really pleasant experience.

But then as the days passed, I get to know my coursemates better...
the nurses in the Nursing home teached me alot.
i get see the really warming side of doing nursing in a nursing home
where the nurse knows what is happening in their client's life....
asking questions like: How is Joe recently? Did he win the footy match last weekend?
what about sarah?...
In this instance, you will see that the client's eyes light up....as if they are all young again.
They talk and talk about their family and past events....and i have to tell you... i am surprised by their ability to talkl because whenever I am with them...they doesn't seem to response..
It's depressing at first but then i started learning to communicate with them...

I would like say .... old people are so cute...
although not the washing them up bit...but I would guess they wouldn't like it either...
so I have to make sure that both of us as comfortable as possible...
I later find out that all i have to do is try to act as normal as possible
Taklking about the weather and tellihng them the recent events is really enjoyable.
because come to think of it...
we as carer/nurses are the only connection they have to the outside world...
if we don't tell them what happen...who will?

but anyway...
some bad news...My laptop is dead...now trying to fix up my laptop and i hope it won't be really expensive.

Placement will be hell but i hope i get through it perfectly...am a bit worry about it cos i heard that they ask you alot of question....

I may go back to malaysia a bit late this time....currently I am only confirmed on a January 8th flight...which means I will be spending christmas her in Melbourne....
I hope I get an earlier flight out...
but then I am going to spend CNY in M'sia.....yay!!!!
hahaha

ok that's all for now will post more soon.
Take care everybody.

5 comments:

Sugar Bean said...

wow, seems like u're learning a lot from ur placements, working in real life is really challenging right? ur job sounds interesting, but definitely something not everyone could handle. anyway, jia you in ur placement! :)

chiau chuin said...

seems like you are having quite a free time there....I am glad that you leave comment here..
nobody ever doea that anymnore.
Thanks..will tell you more. =>

Sugar Bean said...

yeah, like i said, i'm having a holiday right now. haha! of course lar, sapoh ma, sure have to leave comment. eh, btw, if u're free, visit sugar bean ya!

chiau chuin said...

yaya...is this all for the protion and marketing of sugar bean?fine.... go on promoting sugar beanthen...lol..just jokin
anyway take care and enjoy your holiday

Sugar Bean said...

ur head lar, i wouldnt be reading all ur posts if this is all for my blog... anyway, this is the last week of my holiday... no new post yet?